I love DIY’s…my newest one, is a Hot oil treatment.
You don’t have to go to the spa to experience the relaxing, rejuvenating effects of a hot oil hair treatment—you can easily make one at home!
After 30 minutes of this luxurious hot oil hair treatment, your hair will feel so soft and renewed that you’ll definitely want to add this DIY to your list of favorites.
Hot Oil Treatment
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops Rosemary or Melaleuca essential oils
- 2 teaspoons jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1–2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce to low heat and keep water on a simmer.
- Place all ingredients, but essential oils in a heat-proof bowl and place in the pot of simmering water. Let the oil heat up and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove oil from heat. You want the oil nice and warm, but not boiling hot. Add essential oils. Tip: Make sure to cover your shoulders in case of oil staining.
- Dip your fingertips into the oil and gently massage the oil from scalp to the ends. When all the oil is used, cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.