Wherever you’re staying when you travel, you can use the essential oils you brought to create a clean and relaxed environment in your hotel room. Especially if you bring the doTERRA Travel Kit (along with your other favorite oils) with you, you have all the tools you need. With 5 mL bottles of Lavender, Wild Orange, Peppermint, and AromaTouch®, turn your temporary room into your home away from home.
How to Use Essential Oils in Your Hotel Room
- When you first arrive, make sure to wipe down any hard surfaces or commonly used items. Fill the sink with hot water and a few drops of Wild Orange oil, then use a washcloth to wipe down bathroom fixtures, counters, and doorknobs. (Don’t forget the remote!) If you like, you can also drop a few drops of Wild Orange down the shower or tub drain for a fresh aroma.
- We recommend that you pack a diffuser if your luggage has room for it. Why? A diffuser is the fastest way to create the emotional environment you need. Wild Orange can be used to purify the air, and Peppermint can be diffused in the morning to energize your mood and start your day off right.
- It is famously hard to fall asleep away from home and your own comfy mattress. Diffuse Lavender oil or put it on the bottoms of your feet to wind down and feel prepared to sleep. You can also take this oil internally to ease any feelings of tension you may be experiencing.*
- Peppermint is mostly in the Travel kit for its digestive benefits however, it also has a cooling effect on your skin. If you’re finding your hotel room stuffy or hot, apply Peppermint to your pulse points for a quick cool-down. If you have sensitive skin, don’t forget to pack some Fractionated Coconut Oil to dilute
- Peppermint before applying.
- You already know you can use the AromaTouch blend to massage your neck or feet, but you can also take a soothing and relaxing bath with it. Add AromaTouch to some bath soap and rinse away the mixture in the running water to evenly disperse it throughout the water.
Extra tips to improve your hotel experience:
- Bring a pair of flip flops or slippers. You can’t control what’s on the floor, but you can control it getting on the sheets. It may also be a good idea to lay out a towel by the bed to avoid stepping on the carpet when you first get out of bed.
- Some hotels offer “pure” rooms or rooms that extra steps have been taken to make sure the room is clean. Check with your hotel to see what they offer in this category.
Essential oils are also useful in many other ways when you’re road tripping or flying. See more tips and tricks at our article about using oils while traveling. What are your favorite essential oil tricks to use when you’re away from home?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Shop my favorite Essential Oil resource Oillife.com… https://bit.ly/31IfhPW use my coupon code RMCGOWEN5 for $5 off your $25 or more purchase