Frankincense Essential Oil Product Description
Known as the king of essential oils, Frankincense has a variety of notable uses and benefits. This powerful essential oil is revered for its ability to beautify and rejuvenate skin when applied topically, and to promote cellular health and immunity, and produce a healthy inflammatory response when taken internally,* among other benefits. With all of its many uses, there is no question as to why Frankincense was highly esteemed by ancient civilizations and used for the most sacred of practices. For some religions, it is correlated with one of the most prized possessions of ancient biblical times, as it was considered valuable enough to be given as a gift to Christ after his birth. Frankincense was also used during religious ceremonies for salves for soothing skin and perfume. The perfume or aroma that it emits promotes feelings of satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and overall wellness, which explains its unique value in ancient times. Just as in its treasured past, Frankincense essential oil is highly valued in the doTERRA community and continues to be one of the most popular essential oils.
Where to Buy Frankincense Essential Oil
To buy a pure bottle of Frankincense, visit the Frankincense essential oil product page.
doTERRA’s mission is to provide high-quality essential oils that are pure and free of harmful contaminants. With doTERRA’s strict method of essential oil testing, you can walk away confident knowing that the oils you purchase from doTERRA are potent and pure, bringing you maximum health benefits.
Frankincense Oil Uses and Benefits
- Add Frankincense’s incredible aroma to any room in your house by making this DIY Essential Oil Room Spray. Start by getting an empty glass spray bottle and putting in 15 drops of Frankincense oil, 15 drops of Grapefruit oil, and 30 drops of Douglas Fir oil. Top off the rest of the bottle with water. You now have the most amazing room spray! Just spritz this spray on carpet, furniture, or in the air of any room you desire. When using this homemade spray, you will be able to bask in the rich fragrance of doTERRA Frankincense oil, and experience its relaxing and peaceful benefits.
- Razor bumps can be irritating and can turn your morning shave into a daylong frustration. Even though shaving may be essential, razor bumps are not. Provide relief to your skin with this do-it-yourself Razor Relief Skin Serum enhanced with Frankincense oil. It is one of the best oils to help skin feel and look rejuvenated. By using this serum, the chemical properties of the oil will aid in reducing appearances of skin imperfections and the serum will benefit the irritated skin by soothing the sensitive razor bumps for an all-day appearance and feel you will love.
- What better way to start your day than with the relaxing fragrance of Frankincense essential oil? Whether you are a yoga enthusiast or a morning meditator, diffusing this essential oil during these experiences will aid you in focusing your intention for the day. The fragrances of Frankincense oil will also help bring added satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and even feelings of overall wellness to your morning routine. With its strong aromatic properties, Frankincense essential oil is essential in giving a positive and focused lift to the rest of your day.
- One of Frankincense’s most powerful benefits is its ability to promote health, specifically cellular function.* Try taking this essential oil internally by adding one to two drops in a Veggie capsule. This natural supplement will help support healthy cellular function.* In fact, doTERRA has found Frankincense oil to be so beneficial in supporting cellular function that doTERRA uses it in their highest selling supplements—the doTERRA Lifelong Vitality Pack. Try this DIY supplement and experience the cellular benefits you may be in need of.*
- Are your hands experiencing dryness from the winter air? Do you want to improve the look of your scaly hands? Frankincense can help! Whenever your hands are feeling or looking unmoisturized or marred by harsh weather, add a couple drops of Frankincense oil to the moisturizer of your choice to help hydrate and rejuvenate. The scent of this essential oil combined with your moisturizer will add a warm, spicy, and clean scent to your skin. You’ll want to take this lotion with you wherever you go
- When using Frankincense essential oil to revive the look and feel of your hands, don’t forget your fingernails. Whenever traveling somewhere dry, apply this essential oil to maintain healthy looking fingernails. Simply place a drop of oil on your nail and rub it around the cuticles and edges of your fingernails. This will leave your nails looking healthy and strong even in the driest locations.
- Feeling stressed? It just so happens that Frankincense essential oil has a solution for that. Its chemical components result in an extremely powerful aroma that can help to dispel negative feelings—like stress. If you are feeling like the pressures of life are weighing down your mood, apply Frankincense to the bottom of your feet. The soothing sensation and aroma will promote feelings of relaxation and a balanced mood. Don’t let outside pressures get you down, use your essential oils to get you feeling upright and ready to take on the day ahead of you.
- There is so much fun to be had outdoors! From running around in the grass to biking a dirt path, to planting some seasonal flowers, your hands and feet are constantly active, helping you make the best out of your outdoor adventures. But at the end of the day, feet and hands can get tired from all of that activity. Treat your hands and feet with a Frankincense oil massage that will have them feeling and looking rejuvenated for another active day outside. Add a couple drops to your feet and hands and massage the oil into your skin. This massage will give you a soothing and warming effect that your hands and feet won’t want to miss out on.
- Try this amazing “Star in the East” diffuser blend and fill your home with a warm and peaceful aroma. To create this blend, add 1 drop of Frankincense oil, 1 drop of Sandalwood oil, and 2 drops of Grapefruit oil to your diffuser for the perfect diffuser blend. The “Star in the East” blend works great for encouraging relaxation and uplifting mood.
- Enjoy a facial rejuvenation day with this DIY Clay Facial Mask. With a simple combination of bentonite clay, cider vinegar, and essential oils, your face will feel nourished and fresh. Because Frankincense contains properties that help revitalize and beautify the skin, this homemade clay mask will prove ideal for facial care. For best results, apply this mask to your skin once a week and enjoy that continual fresh facial glow.
- With so many benefits and uses, Frankincense essential oil has rightfully earned its title as the “king” of all essential oils. It’s beautifying, aromatic, and health-promoting* properties are extremely powerful and can easily improve an everyday lifestyle. For anyone seeking a helpful essential oil tip, always remember, if in doubt, use Frankincense.
doTERRA Frankincense Touch
A beautifully easy way to enjoy the benefits of Frankincense essential oil topically is with doTERRA Frankincense Touch, which is prediluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil and packaged in a convenient roller bottle. The dilution of Frankincense ensures an even application (without compromising the potency of the essential oil), and the Fractionated Coconut Oil smooths and hydrates your skin.
doTERRA Frankincense Touch perfectly fits into a personal care and beauty routine. After washing your face at night, apply doTERRA Frankincense Touch to your skin and leave it on overnight to help keep your skin looking young and healthy. After shaving, rub it into your skin to soothe sensitive razor bumps. Whenever you need centering, roll doTERRA Frankincense Touch on your chest to enjoy the woodsy scent and a soothing aromatic experience. Gardening, washing dishes, and constant handwashing can quickly cause your hands to become dry and irritated. Roll doTERRA Frankincense Touch on your cuticles, knuckles, or feet, letting its soothing properties rejuvenate your skin.
One Boswellia sacra tree can produce a couple of pounds of resin each year.1 If Boswellia sacra trees are properly cared for, the tree can produce resin for hundreds of years.
Frankincense oil is derived from the Boswellia sacra tree and trees of a similar species. The Boswellia sacra is characterized by its thin and peeling bark, tangled branches, and clustered leaves at the end of the branches. The trunks of these trees often have more than one stem; however, some have only one trunk. These trees can grow up to 8 meters and are commonly found growing on rocky slopes and southern coastal mountains. The Boswellia sacra is native to Ethiopia, northern Somalia, south-western Oman, and southern Yemen.2
Chemistry of Frankincense Essential Oil
Main Chemical Components: α-pinene, limonene, α-thujene
Frankincense oil contains a complex mixture of monoterpenes such as alpha-pinene, Limonene, alpha-Thujene, and beta-Pinene. This intricate mixture of components works together to make an oil with many uses and benefits. The unique chemical constituents contribute to Frankincense essential oil’s renewing effects when applied topically and ability to support diverse cells in the body when taken internally.* The monoterpenes also contribute to the aromatic benefits of Frankincense essential oil, including its ability to promote relaxation and a sense of focus. To learn more about the chemical components found in Frankincense or other essential oils, visit the doTERRA Science Blog.
Oils that Blend Well with Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense oil blends well with citrus oils like Lime, Lemon, and Wild Orange, and other oils such as Cypress, Lavender, Geranium, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, and Clary Sage for diffusion.
Watch this video to see some of the uses and benefits of Frankincense oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Love, Peace & Oils,
Shop my favorite Essential Oil resource Oillife.com… https://bit.ly/31IfhPW use my coupon code RMCGOWEN5 for $5 off your $25 or more purchase